Saturday, April 21, 2012

Balaw Balaw Specialty Restaurant

Angono is the art capital of the Philippines.  We wouldn't want to miss this famous restaurant that was even featured on TV.

Balaw Balaw Specialty Restaurant

Based on research, this restaurant is special because they serve exotic dishes.  After Angono Petroglyphs, we were talking about exotic foods to order on our way.  But when we were in the restaurant to order, no one had the guts to mention any exotic food.  So we agreed on their house specialty, Minaluto and added Sinigang na Baboy (Pork Stew).

Minaluto - P245 (single serve)

Minaluto is a combination of seafood, vegetables and salted egg in a rice served on banana leaf.  Your rice options can be plain white rice, java rice and pink rice.  If you know me, you'll be able to guess what I chose.  Haha!  Right!  Pink rice is binuro (fermented) rice.

We were too hungry to roam around.  We wanted to eat before exploring the gallery.  Balaw Balaw is not just a restaurant.  They also have a gallery in their Mezzanine and 2nd floor.  We just waited for our food to be served first.

Art Gallery
I like this mother and child painting.

And at last, after a few minutes, we are ready to taste their Minaluto when suddenly... I saw something crawling heading to my fork.  I panicked a little, but I don't want to cause a scene.  So I immediately tried to cover it with my glass of iced tea.  When all I thought that it was dead, it crawled again (surviror!).  This time it's heading to my friend's direction.  But she was more calm than me (I think).  She just squash it with a handful of tissue (eeeww.. juicy pa!).  And the cockroach is dead.

Rest in peace ipis (cockroach).

If you think that this stop us from eating, you're wrong! Hehe!  Although it decrease my appetite, it didn't stop us from eating our lunch.  I guess the three of us thought the same.  We need the energy for our next destination, Darank and Batlag Falls.

From the foods that we ordered.  I'd recommend their Pork Stew more.  You can taste the real asim (sourness) in sinigang.  They made it the traditional way.

Sinigang na Baboy - P235

Total bill is less than P700.  We roam around for a awhile then head out.  We didn't bother to order a dessert anymore.  We agreed to buy an ice cream at a nearby convenience store.  Perfect for the hot weather.


How to get there


Address:  16 Doña Justa Subdivision, Angono, Rizal
Contact No:  (02 651-0110) and (02) 295-2698

By Private vehicle
From EDSA, drive through Ortigas Ext. road passing by KayTikling.  Turn right to the towns of Taytay and Angono.  Turn left on Doña Justa Subdivision (They have a signboard at the corner of the hi-way).

By Public Transportation
From EDSA-Crossing, take the Angono, Binangonan bound FX or jeepneys.  Make sure that it will pass the hi-way.  Just ask the driver to drop you off at Balaw Balaw Restaurant or Doña Justa Subdivision.  The entrance is just a few steps from the hi-way.




Read our Rizal Tour from Day 1 to Day 2.

You might also like:

If you like this post, please consider sharing it on Facebook and Twitter.  Or you may leave a comment to help my blog.  Happy reading, thank you! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment