Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Tiger City


"I live in Mandaluyong City", I said.

"Sa loob o sa labas? (in or out?)".  That's the usual next question I hear when I say where I live.  People use that question as a joke, to break the ice.

Not only because Mandaluyong is a city that lies at the heart of Metro Manila.  It is also the place wherein the largest center for mental health in the Philippines is located.


Originally, Mandaluyong started from five (5) barrios (town), evolved to 22 sub-barrios to now what we call an independent Barangays.

As I always say to my friends, Mandaluyong is a place where you have an easy access anywhere around NCR (National Capital Region).

So if you're a traveler visiting Metro Manila, I suggest that you book a place in Mandaluyong City.  Aside from shopping malls, there's a lot of different hotels around that I'm sure will fit your standards.  It's not called "The Tiger City" for nothing.


And besides, Mandaluyong is a friendly city wherein you can walk on the streets at anytime of the day.

SOURCE:  Mandaluyong City Official Website


2 comments:

  1. B, I agree with Mandaluyong being a friendly city. Thanks for the wonderful blog about our city. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B, proud to be a Mandaleña! Hihih! Tama bang tawag yun?

      Delete